Day care centres
The city of Eschborn has a long tradition of public childcare and offers comprehensive, quali-fied possibilities of daycare for children aged between 3 and 10 years. The magistrate of the city of Eschborn operates 14 child care establishments with different concepts.
- Alter Höchster Weg (after-school care club)
- Bremer Straße (daycare centre)
- Dörnweg (daycare centre/after-school care club, wider age-mix grouping)
- Odenwaldstraße (daycare centre/after-school care club, age-mix grouping)
- Ritterhof (daycare centre)
- Süd-West (daycare centre)
- Süd-West (after-school care club)
- Schulkinderhaus Süd-West (after-school care club)
- Schulkinderhaus Hartmutschule (after-school care club)
- Naturkindergarten im Arboretum (after-school care club)
There are also another two daycare centres, under the sponsorship of the protestant and catholic church in Eschborn.
The childcare facilities offer places for 620 children aged 3-6 years and 605 places for children of primary school age (6-10 years). There are various care modules to choose from, and they can be booked as necessary by the parents for a daycare centre term. The facilities are open without interruption, with just a few exceptions.
The service offer of the daycare centres is pedagogically and organisationally geared to the requirements of the children and their families. This offer also extends to children with special educational needs, such as disabilities or developmental delays. If needed, an integration place is arranged in the daycare centre for these children with according conditions. The children are cared for by pedagogically qualified specialised staff, such as carers, social education workers and education workers and, if required, remedial teachers.
The charter for the use of the childcare centres and after-school care clubs regulates the operating of the facilities and forms the contractual basis for the users, in this case the parents.